|10 sizes to choose from||Myths vs Facts||The basics of biodiesel||All kinds of useful stuff|
New Product: Bio-ethanol for Décor Fires
We now sell bio-ethanol for décor fires. Clean burning, no smoke and no smell. They not only look appealing, they actually heat up the room during those cold winter nights. Containers are available in 2 litre, 5 litre and 10 litre. R25-00/litre. Special offer for 20 litres is R21-50/litre.
Biodiesel is a “Green Fuel”
What is Biodiesel ( bio diesel ). Biodiesel is made from a vegetable oil (pressed from nuts or seeds) or animal fat (tallow or rendered chicken fat). When biodiesel is made using methanol, it is referred to as a Fatty Acid Methyl Ester (FAME). Methanol can be substituted with ethanol but ethanol is more expensive. A catalyst is used either Potassium Hydroxide or Sodium Hydroxide. The by-product of biodiesel production is called Glycerol.
Biodiesel Processors. Green-Diesel manufacture biodiesel batch processors from 80 litre to 11000 litre. Our CERES range of processors combine the 3 stages of production (processing, washing & drying) into a single tank with a very small footprint. Biodiesel can be used in ANY diesel engine, whether is may be a car, SUV, LDV, truck, forklift, tractor, generator, boat, mining, earth moving or in a burner for heating. Wherever diesel is used, biodiesel can be used.
Biodiesel Blending Systems. Green-Diesel manufacture, supply and install biodiesel blending systems to mix biodiesel and regular diesel in the right percentage according to customer requirements. Biodiesel can be mixed with regular diesel (500ppm or 50ppm) in any percentage and it can be used in Turbo charged engines. Internationally biodiesel is coded as follows: B100 – means 100% pure biodiesel (no regular diesel added) B50 – means 50% biodiesel and 50% regular diesel B20 – means 20% biodiesel and 80% regular diesel.
Used Cooking Oil Collection. Green-Diesel collects used cooking oil from Restaurants, Hotels, Fast Food Franchises, Hospitals, Ships, Military Bases, Fish Shops, Catering Companies and much more. If you need your used cooking oil collected, get in touch with us.
Advantages of Biodiesel
- It costs less than regular diesel
- It contains no or little sulphur
- It has a higher Cetane rating that improves the efficiency of compression ignition
- NO engine modifications are necessary to use biodiesel on any diesel engine
- It is non-flammable, non-hazardous, non-toxic & environmentally friendly
- It has a flash point greater than 120°C while fossil diesel is approx. 70°C
- Users can switch between biodiesel and regular diesel as they wish
- It has superior cleaning properties over all other regular diesel
- It provides much better engine lubrication than regular diesel
- It produces 75% less exhaust smoke emissions
- It produces 80% less carbon dioxide emissions
- It is made from new or used cooking oil
- It extends engine life by up to 200%
- It mixes very well with regular diesel
- It is safe to store and handle
- It is a renewable fuel
- It is a “green” fuel